Guys, this was a ridiculously cute and fun show. If you’re a fan of the source material and you have the capacity to see it play in NYC (for free!) in the summer go for it! Also:
1) Bianca cameo in the lotus hotel what up gurl.
2) Use of the phrase “saving grace” in a song about Thalia. They saw the opportunity and they took it haha.
3) Fantastic main trio. Percy was a cutie.
4) also Clarisse was a babe.
5) yay for supporting new musical writers and composers/theater for kids/literacy for kids! Way to go after all my biases.
6) also way to adapt this better than the movie. Yay!
the difference between this show and allllll the others: Jayne’s reaction to the hat is not AWWWW MOM WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME WEAR THIS HAT but, instead, is THIS IS THE AWESOME HAT Y’ALL DON’T EVEN KNOW.
Jayne’s hat is the best hat.
That second gif though